Story Massage “Fun”shop
Once upon a time at 9.30 – 11.30am on Friday 5th May, Story Time with a difference is coming to the Blue Lotus Therapy Centre. Nicolle Mitchell, Holistic Bodywork Practitioner, will be facilitating a workshop, NO! NO! STOP RIGHT THERE! It’s a “Fun”shop where all are welcome to come and explore Story Massage & how it can help connect, nurture, resolve & play in a safe & fun way.
Story Massage has many benefits, here are just a few:
· Helps release the calm and connection hormone oxytocin, building trust and attachment between people
· Makes time to play, tell stories calmly in families & social groups
· Makes time to develop a person’s imagination
· Provides other mediums through which to communicate other than verbally
· Provide a safe space to touch with permission & healthy boundaries
· Encourage healthy personal space awareness
· Increase awareness of how actions & emotions can influence people around them
· Help embed learning of topics, curriculum based, social, emotional or otherwise
· Help reduce bullying, hyperactivity & aggression
· Raise empathy between people, especially children
· Help improve self-worth, self-esteem & self-confidence though individual attention
Each child will receive a FREE preloved book & stickers to turn their story in to a “Story Massage”.
If you wish to come and have fun with Story Massage, do hurry, as places are already booking up & are given on a first come first served basis. Just call Nicolle on 07899 944650 or 01209 711686 …. & you can connect with her via the magic of the internet too by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or LIKE her facebook page Story Massage Cornwall.
Whether you are a parent who wants to find another way to connect with your child, or whether you are a parent or child, who wishes to learn this wonderful life-skill, feel free to get in touch to book your place … because we believe in happy beginnings.